We have some small Oracle XE databases in remote locations, since all of them are called XE the Grid Control had some problems displaying them, sometimes it would not even show more than one.
This is the procedure to rename the target in the grid control:
– Stop the agent on the target host: $AGENT_HOME/bin/emctl stop agent
– cd $AGENT_HOME/sysman/emd
– cp targets.xml targets.xml.bak
– Edit the file targets.xml and look for this line:
<Target TYPE=”oracle_database” NAME=”XE”> (the name is generally the same as the SID)
– Replace XE for the name you would like to be displayed on the grid control.
– Delete the XE entry in the grid control
– Restart the agent: $AGENT_HOME/bin/emctl start agent